Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 13 in Carolina (Pontezuela)

Family and Friends:

This week we having been getting used to just being 2 of us and not 3 it is a big change, we don't have to cook so much food, it is a lot faster to wash clothes on Mondays, it is easier to teach when there are only 2. But it is still a big change for us. But we know that the Lord will help us. 

Today I want to focus my letter on 2 things and I have come to realize here in the mission that these 2 things are important. The First is not everyone is made to serve a mission. The Second is it doesn't matter what people think of you. Why did I choose these two things, well I had problems with these two things before my mission. I always tried to do things that the others were doing to fit in, but I have realized a lot here that, that isn't how we are supposed to do it. The Lord has given each and everyone of us Talents and we have to know how to use them, I thought I was different because I played the trumpet but this Friday I get to share that talent with my wonderful ward here. [This is an excerpt from an email he sent to me: Yes this Friday we have a talent night and I will be playing the best I can after 2 years of not playing, I will play some hymns and yes I will get it on Video. Yes I have a trumpet the Bishops daughter has one that she doesn't use and let me barrow it!!!!] I have always tried to please others but that's not how to do it, I have realized that we don't have to do things to make other people happy or we don't have to be someone else. we just have to be ourselves. If people don't like who we are it's okay because the only person that should matter is Heavenly Father and ourselves. We are all special and we shouldn't be afraid to be who we really are. 

The other important thing is about the mission, a lot of you already know what happened with me before the mission [he was postponed 7 months and was reassigned from his original mission call to serve in Puerto Rico] so I won't go into that story, but near the end I was losing hope in serving a mission. I thought that the Lord didn't want me to serve or I wasn't going to be the missionary that Heavenly Father wanted out in the Field. But that's not true at all. I have realized that I am able to help the people here in Puerto Rico better than I thought. I am NOT the perfect missionary nor will I ever be a perfect missionary but I know that the Lord has called me here to be His instrument. He needs me. I know there are people out there that can't decide if is a mission is for them or not, I want you all to know the mission isn't for everyone I have so many examples in my life of people that didn't serve missions and they are some of the happiest people I know.

I want to share with you all my testimony of this Gospel, this Gospel has brought so many wonderful people into my life, from all over the world I have friends from Washington all the way to Chile!!!! If I weren't a member of this church I would probably not have these amazing blessings. I have been so blessed with amazing friends and family who love and support me through everything!!!! I know that this is the true church and that our Heavenly Father and Brother Jesus Christ live and love us, I know that Joseph Smith had a question in 1820 and that he was answered. I know that Thomas S Monson is the Prophet and mouth piece for our Heavenly Father. I love the Book of Mormon and everything that it teaches us. I share this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

I love you all and I miss you tons!!! I hope you all have a great week!!!!

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Musgo 

PS: Congratulations Jacob and Mikaela on the Wedding I am so happy for you guys and I hope you enjoy your trip in Jamaica!!!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment