Family and Friends
This
week was a good week for us. We are really seeing a change in the area.
I am so grateful to be able to work with Elder Morales he is a great
Elder and has really helped me to change my attitude. I was sad to see
Elder Johnson go but I know that he will do great things in Juana Diaz.
He was a great companion and will do many amazing things in his mission
and in his life.
This
week for Elder Morales and myself we got off to a great start and we
are finding a lot now. He is really showing me the way to work hard but
still have a good time and not be so stressed. We have seen a lot of
miracles this week and have found some really cool people to teach.
First
off we found a mother and son. the thing about this was it was a little
different. we started to contact this lady and she said she wasn't
really interested but then her son walked out to talk to us and said oh
please come in. So we asked the mom and she said yes, we entered the
house and they offered us food, but then after this we started teaching
them and the son asked us what we believe and so we started to explain
to him exactly what we believe.everything that we said, the mom had
something to say every time. then Mom and son started to argue. but
the miracle of all of this is that I shared a scripture from the Book of
Mormon and he asked where he could find it in the Bible. we explained
that it is a different Book and its not in the Bible and he was even
more interested and then we shared how he can get his answer that what
we are teaching him is true and he accepted to read the Book of Mormon.
Another
miracle this week was that we were contacting and we found this mother
and she started to talk to us and while she was talking to us she
started to talk about her daughter who is going through a lot of
depression and she asked if there was anything that we could do to help her
out so we asked if we could come by on Friday and so we went back on
Friday and we taught them the Plan of Salvation and they really liked
it. We found out that we have to be a little more direct with the daughter but it was a great lesson.
This
last week we had an district activity and it wasn't that big we just
decided to go to a beach and we played Soccer and Volleyball I thought
it was going to be super boring and no one would have fun but after the
activity I was talking with everyone and they said that was the most fun
in a while and that this activity was exactly what we all needed to
relax and enjoy each others company. It was a successful activity.
This week I learned a lot about who I am as well. I love learning new things out here.
This
new transfer I have to wonderful opportunity to really work on my
Spanish. In the house there is Elder Dubon from Honduras, Elder
Plasencia from Mexico, Elder Morales from Guatemala, and me from
Arizona. So as you can see I will be learning a lot more Spanish this
transfer!!!!!
I
love you guys so much, and I miss you so much I really can't wait to
see you guys here shortly. I am so grateful for everything that you guys
do for me.
Con Mucho Amor
Elder Musgo
An excerpt from a letter to mom...
I am doing great! I am so grateful for everything that you do for me.
I am so happy that you had a great week! My new companion is great
he is really funny and smart! I am the youngest Elder in the house (time on mission and in age!) I will be learning Spanish better this
transfer!!!!
| Name tag with the Salinas flag |
No comments:
Post a Comment