Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 4 in Salinas

Family and Friends

This week was good for us but also kind of sad. We are working hard and we are really trying to focus on our goal here and that is to Baptize!!! We have been working more on finding this week and inspired finding. This week was a little difficult with the other Holiday but we are looking for a great week and a great finding week. 
 
[The other Holiday = Feast of the Epiphany/Three Kings' Day/Día de los Tres Reyes Magos: In Puerto Rico, Epiphany is an important festive holiday, and is commonly referred as Dia de Los Tres Reyes Magos, or Three Kings' Day. It is traditional for children to fill a box with fresh grass or hay and put it underneath their bed, for the Wise Men's camels. The three kings will then take the grass to feed the camels and will leave gifts under the bed as a reward. These traditions are analogous to the customs of children leaving mince pies and sherry out for Father Christmas in Western Europe or leaving milk and cookies for Santa Claus in the United States. On the day before the feast (January 5), the "Rosario de Reyes" or "Promesa de Reyes" is celebrated with songs (aguinaldos) promised to be sung to the Kings, usually before a little table with figures of the Nativity and the Kings or with the Kings alone and their camels. This celebration is accompanied with a chicken soup, snacks, and drinks. Description of the holiday found on Wikipedia.]
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This week we received some sad news. I gave E a call Saturday night to remind him about church and he told me that he has a commitment with his church, so I asked him about the following week and he then told me that I didn't understand him - he has a commitment with his Church every Sunday, so as of now we don't have E. we will be trying to focus on other areas and other people now. It was sad but it just shows that he wasn't ready at this time. 

We also have T still she is doing good she just feels pressured from all the Missionaries trying to come in and just try to baptize her so we are going to keep passing by and sharing with her scriptures and let her know that we still love her and want whats best for her, she has all of the lessons. She is basically a member just without a calling and can't really do anything but she is going each week. The Branch President will be putting Visiting Teachers to visit T and to have the Members start to be her friend so we will see how this goes.

For Elder Johnson this week - he is really improving with his Spanish. He and Elder Dubon have a deal that Elder Dubon will speak English with Elder Johnson but he has to answer in Spanish and it has really helped the both of them with their new languages.

Family I love you so much and I am so grateful for a family like you that has really blessed my life. I am so happy to be able to be apart of such a wonderful organization that I can call my family. I am really learning more about who I am and who I want to be and really am trying to give it my all my last bit of time on my mission. I love you so much and miss you all!!!! 

Love you 

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Musgo

PS I want to thank everyone that sent me a tie for Christmas each and every tie means so much to me I can really feel that love from you guys and it means a lot to me. I love each and everyone of you. I want you to know that each one of you has a big impact on my life and I wouldn't be where I am at without you guys. I love you all!!!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment