Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 3 in Salinas

Family and Friends

Happy New Year!!!!

This week for us was great with the Holiday it was still a little difficult to find but I had the opportunity to go on an exchange with Elder Boggess this week and he gave me a little more training on being a District Leader and what I can do to help my District. One that he mentioned was Inspired Finding!!!! I took that into practice this week. We went to an area that is big so I said lets go through and find all of the old investigators and members and we did and found a less active that wants to come back to church and wants to feel the Spirit in his life again. Then we went to find this old investigator that was with Elder Heward when he was here so we passed by and the family was very welcoming and they said we could share a message with them but the mom stressed to us that she won't change church's and so then we asked around the family and the Daughter actually said she wants to know more!!!!! So we will see where this comes from. But it was so cool to be able to experience that!!!!! I know that the Lord blessed us with finding her.

But for this week we had two Investigators in church!!!!!! 

One of them is T we are still trying to figure out how we can help her, she says that she knows that the church is true and that the Book of Mormon is true but she won't pray to ask Heavenly Father if this is what he wants for her. She says she feels disrespectful asking Him questions.

The other one is E he is awesome he told us starting in January he will come to church with us, and so I gave him a call this past Sunday to remind him and he said "yes I am leaving now for church" and he was there!!!! He said he liked it and no he doesn't have a date yet we tried to put a date two weeks ago and he said he won't commit to a date until after he see's if he likes church so we plan on setting him for the 23rd of January he has all the lessons and he is living the Commandments so we are going to set this date this week.

As for the District I can honestly say that I can see the improvement from everyone we are all working hard and we are all getting people close to either baptism or reactivated I can see the true desire from everyone here and their willingness to work. I am so grateful for this opportunity to work here in Salinas and really get to work with the missionaries here this are a great group of missionaries. 

Everything is great over I love it here I am so excited to be apart of this amazing work. It has really changed me and I grateful for the love and support from all of you guys!!!!

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Musgo
 
Elders Moss y Dubon
View from Salinas
View from Salinas
Anyone hungry?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment