Sunday, July 12, 2015

Week 1 in Cabo Rojo

Family and Friends!!!!!!

I am here in Cabo Rojo and boy is it different than Juncos. I love the Elders here in my new house. they all speak only Spanish so I can't speak English with them because they won't know what's going on.  


 
The area is smaller than in Juncos but I have to walk 1 hour and 30 minutes to my area, it is actually really nice. I like it, I get to know my companion better during this walk. I really like the ward here in Cabo Rojo 2. They are really great people and want to help as much as they can.

I am sorry I don't have much more about the area right now I don't really know our investigators. every time we tried to show up and teach them they weren't there. 

I love you all and I know that the Lord will help you in everything you do because he is really helping me right now trying to communicate with the Elders in my house - especially being the only one that doesn't speak the language. 

Sorry for the short letter this week 

I love you all and miss you all

Elder Musgo
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS 

Mom: You said your companion's name is Elder Noble, from the DR. What is he like? How old is he? Please send a picture!
Elder Moss: My new companion is Elder Noble. he is 21 years old, he is really cool and I like him he is so funny.


Mom: What is Cabo Rojo like? 
Elder Moss: Cabo Rojo is super different than Juncos. my area is 1 hour and 30 minutes by foot. we have to walk there everyday.

Mom: WHAT IS YOUR NEW ADDRESS? 
Elder Moss: 
Elder Parker Moss
Calle Rossy #39 (Alto)
Cabo Rojo, PR 00623

Mom: Are you by the ocean? 
Elder Moss: My whole area is the ocean. holy cow it is awesome trust me you will be getting a lot of pictures of my area.


Mom: Compare the towns of Cabo Rojo and Juncos. How are they the same? How are they different? Is there anything you've found/seen so far that you love? Anything you've found/seen that you don't love so much? 
Elder Moss: The two towns are honestly nothing a like. they are so different from each other. I love everything about Cabo Rojo it is super pretty. The only thing I don't like so much that it is SUPER HOT!!!!!!! and Humid.

Mom: Is Cabo Rojo bigger or smaller than Juncos? Is your area bigger or smaller?
Elder Moss: Cabo Rojo is much smaller than Juncos Juncos had 4 different towns here we only have one.

Mom: Are you still walking everywhere? 
Elder Moss: Yes we walk everywhere except for church because it is a 30 minute walk

Mom: What grocery store do you shop at? 
Elder Moss: We shop at Econos its a nice little store

Mom: What fast food is near you? Hopefully you won't need to eat there and the members will take care of you! 
Elder Moss: We have Mcdonalds, Wendys and Burger King but we haven't eaten there yet.


Mom: What does your apartment/house look like? 
Elder Moss: The Apartment is super cool we have two baths and 3 bedrooms and is pretty big.

Mom: Do you live with other missionaries? Who? Where are the from?
Elder Moss: Yes, there are 4 elders in our House - Me and Elder Noble, Elder Dubon from Hondorus and Elder Oscco from Peru (he is a greenie)

Mom: Are you in an area where there are missionaries you've met before? Like in the MTC? 
Elder Moss: The missionaries I have never met before but it's ok. we also have two sisters here in Cabo Rojo 1 and Cabo Rojo 2 they are cool 



 Mom: I noticed on the map that you are not too far from San German. Any possibility you'll run into Elder Stinchfield? 
Elder Moss: Yes Elder Stinchfield is my new Zone Leader and I will get to work with him at least once.

Mom: What ward are you in? 
Elder Moss: I am in Cabo Rojo 2

Mom: Who's your bishop? 
Elder Moss: Obispo Medina 

Mom: What are the members like so far? 
Elder Moss: The Members are really cool they have a lot of trust in me already. they asked me to play the piano and I already have to give a talk in Sacrament metting

Mom: Do they help the missionaries? I've heard that the members are very strong in that area of the island. 
Elder Moss: They help as much as they can, the ward here has 40 members that are active right now its is really small.

Mom: How big is your Primary? YW/YM programs? 
Elder Moss: Primary I have no idea still but our YW/YM we have one of each.

Mom: Have you been able to explore Cabo Rojo at all? What have you seen? 
Elder Moss: Yes a little I have eaten Lobster and Shark already here and it was really good

Shark on a stick
Mom: How's your Spanish, now that you are serving with a native Spanish speaker? 
Elder Moss: My Spanish is really changing because no one in the House speaks a lick of English so I don't get to Speak English

Mom: Where will you be sending emails from? Library? Church house? 
Elder Moss: I will be emailing from a Library it is pretty big and nice.

Mom: What have you been studying in the scriptures? 
Elder Moss: I am in 3rd Nephi 24 and I love it so much.



Saying goodbye...Elders Moss and Beecroft
Saying goodbye...Elders Moss and Fox
Saying goodbye...Elders Moss and Jambati
Elder Moss and his "Grandpa" (his trainer's trainer) Elder Armstrong





Elders Moss and Noble
Elders Moss and Noble
My new bag...

The view


No comments:

Post a Comment