Monday, April 20, 2015

What a Week!


We are having a lot happen for us and I am getting really excited!!!!

To start it off church has just changed for us, we now start at 9 and we have Priesthood and all those classes first and then Sunday School and Gospel Principals and then we have Sacrament Meeting!!!! I like it better this way because as a missionary here in Puerto Rico people tend to be late for things and now having Sacrament meeting last we are able to get our investigators to church!!

This week we have lost a lot of our original investigators we are still teaching M, P, and J.

M:  has accepted to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be Baptized on May 2nd I am so excited he is a great young man and will really help the ward out, all he has to do is gain a testimony and I know that the Lord will bless him and help him receive his testimony.

P:  what a guy!!! Last night we had a great lesson with him!!! We taught him The Gospel of Jesus Christ and he as well accepted to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be Baptized on May 2nd! 

I am so excited for these two and I know that the Lord will bless both of them!!!! 

J:  we are getting back on track with him it is hard to get in contact with him and really hard to find him at times especially this week he is getting ready to sign with the army!!!! But I know that we will have the opportunity to talk to him and share a great message with him again!!!

So those are our investigators right now but we are really focusing on finding new people and trying to figure out the whole area. There are a lot of places that I didn't go in my training and so Elder Stinchfield and I are trying to figure out all of the area and trying to find new people to talk to and to share our message with.

My new companion, Elder Stinchfield and Me
 This week I learned a great lesson on how to talk to people. I really don't like talking to new people especially in a new language but with my companion has really helped me not only talk to new people but helped me with my Spanish. I am able to understand a lot more now and I can't wait until I am able to understand a lot and just be able to talk. I know that the Lord will bless me and will help me with everything that I do.

Proverbs 3:5

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding

I have to trust in the Lord with all my heart that he will help me to understand and to speak Spanish I cannot do it alone and I know that he will help me.

I also learned how to be a better teacher and how to write a lesson plan in Spanish.

For district meeting on Tuesday I had the opportunity of teaching the district How we can become better teachers!

Here are 4 things that I shared about:

1: Use the Scriptures
     - present the scripture
     - Read the scripture with them
     - Apply the scripture
2: Ask questions
     - Inspired questions
     - Bad questions (that we shouldn't ask)
     - Good questions (that we should ask)
3: Listen
     - Always listen to the answer of the question
4: Share your testimony

I know that this works for I have been able to help people understand what we are trying to teach and help them to know that we are there for them and really care about them. I know this church is true and I know that if we trust in the Lord that he will bless us and help us to become the person that he needs us to become. I love you all and I miss all of you. Thank you for all the support and Love.

I miss you guys and I pray for you always.

Con Mucho Amor
Elder Musgo

 
Heading into the church to email home!


No comments:

Post a Comment