Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Working hard - NO BULL!

Family,

This week was physically hard for me. I have been sick this week and in a lot of pain, but that doesn't mean anything at all. I know the Lord will give me strength to do His work and I go out and do all of His work for Him no matter the pain.

Besides all the pain and sickness this week was outstanding. We got a lot of work done. Our investigators are all progressing and one is coming close to baptism!!!!

Working on the farm
 FM: What an amazing guy he is about 25 and is starting a farm. Elder Boggess and I have been trying to get to his house but we can't get there by walking because that would be our whole day, but we called him up and asked if he wanted us to do service for him of course we said yes!!! Our service started at 6 am and went until 1:30 pm and we helped he clean up trees and do a lot of stuff to help him with his farm. It was so cool he doesn't use normal day tools he uses the Bulls and plow method it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

 
P, M: These two sisters are really progressing, at first they had a hard time reading and keeping commitments but just recently they changed and are reading every night and praying together!!!! They still haven't made it to church yet but that's ok right now baby steps is all that matters. We aren't here to baptize people we are here to plant seeds and if they get baptized with us that's even cooler!!!! 

M: He is moving along he is reading three chapters a day and is understanding it completely!!! He really enjoys talking with us, we have been teaching him for 2 weeks now and still going strong with it. He has really changed his view on everything we are teaching him and he is such a fun guy to talk to.

J: Oh My Gosh I don't even know where to begin with him. He is doing great and really moving a long the only thing is his baptismal date is set for Feb 7 but we are pushing it back to March 7 so that way he can live all the laws or live the commitments before his baptism. He has come to church 3 times already, but yesterday didn't count as church because we had a broadcast for the Caribbean area!!!! We heard from Someone named Wilson, The Young Women President, Elder Boyd K Packer, and Elder Jeffery R Holland!!!! J, came to that with us which was so cool!!!!!

Jeffrey R Holland and Boyd K Packer spoke in Spanish!!!!!!!!!

JK they just started in Spanish and went to English it was so funny when they said they were going to stop there horrible Spanish, sadly that is all I understood was there gringo Spanish!!!!

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for this amazing Gospel. I love our Savior and I love the atonment and everything it has helped us with. I love Juncos and I love Puerto Rico so much they have blessed me since I have been here. The area is so beautiful!!!!! 

I will love to get letters from you guys I promise I will be able to respond to those faster than Email.

I love you all and I pray for you every single day!!!!!

Elder Moss
 
Night sky
 


Hi there. Mom here. We received a letter from Elder Moss in the mail (it says just about the same as the last email we received!) Here are a couple of things that he didn't include in his email:

** We have a total of four missionaries in this ward. Puerto Rico has only 5 stakes. We have to do so much walking. I have already lost 20 pounds since I have been gone.

** In the envelope is some Dominican Republic Pesos. I thought you guys could keep them safe for me. [I, Mom, have included a picture of the pesos below. They total just over $20, American. They are quite pretty!]

** Please feel free to send me letters. I will write back.

Elder Parker Moss
Urb. Valencia 2
Calle Jose Santiago Fernandez
Casa 11
Juncos, PR 00777


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment