Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Last Week in the MTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Letter from 1/9/15)

Holy Cow this is my last week in the MTC. I can't believe that. It's soo crazy!!!!!!!

My friends at the CCM
Friends from the CCM
This past week has been amazing!!!!! This last week was full of amazing things. My favorite part was Last Friday all the missionaries that have been here for 5 weeks had the amazing opportunity to go out into the field. I had such an amazing time!!!!!!!! My companion was Elder De Long. He was a great example for me, he talked English and Spanish which really helped me. While we were in the field he got to talk a lot about what its like in the field he said it was a lot of fun. We had 5 appointments and we walked everywhere!!!!!!!!! In every appointment I had to say the prayer because I was new!!!!!!! My prayers are getting better, it was really hard for me to understand what was going on in the lesson, but my companion would say something near the end and then look at me and say "I just told them that you will share with them your testimony." I could feel the spirit so much and I had the littlest amount of Spanish possible. I am so grateful for all the opportunities I have had here in the CCM. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary. In the field it is way different than here in the CCM - I am not in a gated area!!!!!! The people are so nice here and always listen to what we have to say!!!!!!!!
 
Silly Elders!
 
Elder Moss and Elder Ahanonu



















One thing that hit me and has helped me this week is this poem:


Footprints in the Sand

I dreamed I was walking along the beach
with the Lord..
Across the sky flashed scenes from my life..
For each scene, I noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand,
one belonging to me, and the other to the Lord..
When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life
there was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest
and saddest times in my life.
This really bothered me 
and I questioned the Lord about it:
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most 
troublesome times in my life 
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why 
when I need you most you would leave me."
The Lord replied:
"My precious child, I love you and would
never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints, it was then
that I carried you."
 

I am so grateful for everything I had back at home, but I am glad I have this opportunity to serve a mission. I am so grateful for all my family and friends!!!!!!!! I know with all my heart that this gospel is true. I am so grateful for the scriptures and everything they have helped me with since I have been here. I am grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission and be able to learn Spanish.I am so grateful for this poem because it has helped me so much. It shows me that my Savior is always there for me and helps me always!!!!!!! I love this gospel and I love all of you!!!!!!!!

Elder Moss


Hi there, it's me - Kara ... Here are some other answers/replies that Elder Moss sent this week:

Mom:  Kenzie and Kadie have asked boys to go to MORP.
Elder Moss: Kadie did a great job on asking!!!!!! Kenzie didn't tell me )or show me pictures) who and how she asked!!!!

Mom: Shannon went to a meeting tonight for HIGH SCHOOL -- yes, HIGH SCHOOL!!! Crazy, right? I can't believe how grown up she is getting.
Elder Moss: Tell Shannon that she can't go to High school - I FORBID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom: You've never really mentioned any of the Christmas presents you got. 
Elder Moss:  The Christmas Presents were amazing. Thank you so much. The marshmallow shooters were amazing. We have made some secret attacks with them on the other district that came in with us.


Mom:  Did you get any pics with Elder De Long?
Elder Moss:  No. I will get some tomorrow because I get to go out again.

Dad: I am so excited for you to be going to PR next week.  I know it might be scary but know that all things are possible with the Lord and He has promised to be on your right hand and on your left.
Elder Moss: Everything is going great over here. I am so excited to get into the field. I am really going to miss having a set schedule but I am ready to leave. We leave here Tuesday Morning (1/13/15) at 5:30 AM my time - so 2:30 your time. That is to early.

Dad: I love you with all my heart and miss you.  But I am so grateful that the Lord has provided this opportunity for you.
Elder Moss: I love you and Miss you and please pray for me on Sunday as I will be singing in Sacrament meeting!!!!!!!!!!! (1/11/15)

Elder Moss - Last week in the CCM
Crazy face.
My new knot - the Trinity Knot

No comments:

Post a Comment