Oh my goodness this week has been so hard....
My
first couple of days here I felt so home sick, I felt as if I didn't
want to be here and all those same feelings came back like in the CCM.
But the Elders here have helped me feel welcomed and have helped me to
begin speaking with others in Spanish.
![]() |
| Juncos Flag |
The
field is completely different than the CCM. I am Juncos and it is so
beautiful, in our ward there are four missionaries to cover the whole
area. There are about 55 members in our ward, this last Sunday there was
only like 25 members there. I am so grateful to be here at this time.
Makenzie thank you for sharing that story with me about Elder Roberts
email [Elder Taylor Roberts sent an email to be read to the Mission Prep class] That really helps me over here. it helps me to know that I don't
need to worry about anything.
I
have been here for only a week and we have 2 baptismal dates, 15
investigators, and 2 less actives that are starting to come to church.
The people here are so amazing and have blessed my life so much already.
![]() |
| Elder Moss at El Morrow |
![]() |
| Elder Moss in his first area - Juncos |
My
companion has only been out for 6 months and is still learning the
language as well. The Elders in my house have really encouraged me with
the language. One of them said that I should be in full conversations by
the end of my first 6 weeks here in the field.
I
love you all and hope you all have a great week. I know this gospel is
true, I love this gospel with all of my heart, I am grateful for
everything I have in my life. I am grateful for the scriptures and all
the love and support from you guys. I love and miss you guys so much and
I will email next week.
Elder Moss
P.S Mom I sent a letter home with my new address on it. I would love to get letters please ;)
![]() |
| Elder Moss |
Week 2 in the Field --
**PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM HERE ON OUT - I (MOM) WILL BE USING ONLY INITIALS WHEN ELDER MOSS REFERS TO INVESTIGATORS OR MEMBERS THEY ARE WORKING WITH, TO RESPECT THEIR PRIVACY**
I am so sorry my letters have not been detailed enough I barely get an hour, we only have one Computer for four missionaries!!!!
![]() |
| Huge trees |
This
week was FANTASTIC! We had a lot of work this week. We have 5
amazing investigators, we have a farmer who is atheist but in our lesson we
made a huge step with him. in the beginning of the lesson he said he
didn't believe in God, and then a couple minutes latter he told us that
he believed in a higher being and then by the end of our lesson he said
that he believed in God! It was so amazing. His name is FM he is such an amazing guy and the Lord has really touched his
heart since we started teaching him. He told us that he really appreciates and admires everything that we are doing. We teach him in
ENGLISH!
M
and P: this is a mom and daughter P (the mom) works at a bar on
so we have lessons with her once every
week. She has a Word of Wisdom problem but we are working with her. She
is an outstanding person she is super nice to us! We teach her
in ENGLISH! Her daughter M is awesome, she came to
mutual [the mid-week youth activity] last Thursday and is really interested in the church!
She is only 13! We teach her in ENGLISH! We recently
contacted her brother and we will begin teaching him as well!
He speaks Spanish though!
Another
one is M he is such a great guy he is a security guard for a
school. He let us eat there and talk with him and we have been able to
keep visiting him, He tricked us into giving a piece of food to this dog
and the dog followed us for two miles and stayed at our house for a
night...but back to M! He just isn't sure if he is ready for the
gospel in his life but we are going to keep working with him and hope
he changes his mind. He is so nice to us he said he really appreciates
what we are doing. We teach him in ENGLISH!
Our
last investigator is named J, he is so sweet. He has been working
with the missionaries for a while but he is now progressing he really
does want to be apart of this true gospel! He has a Word of Wisdom
problem but he has agreed to give up alcohol and hasn't had a drink in
almost 1 week and a half! Yesterday he also came to church and
he participated and was really enjoying it! Things are going
great with him and he has really progressed since I have been
here! We teach him in Spanish!
We
have a less active that is starting to come back to church her name is
G and she is 20 she met with the missionaries last year and
within 15 days was baptized she is what we call a golden investigator.
She had stopped going to church because of work! But has made it to
church for 3 weeks in a row now, She is wanting to serve a mission but
her mom won't help her finish the paperwork!!!! But she turns 21 here
shortly and will finish them herself! She wants to read the whole
Book of Mormon before she goes to General Conference and before she goes
to the temple in April! She is in Alma 48 and Elder Boggess and I
told her we would also read with her and finish the Book of Mormon by
April!
Our
ward is outstanding! They are 50 members strong! That is
the biggest here in Puerto Rico! A lot of them speak English which
helps me a lot! But I have the opportunity to do a lot of talking in
Spanish here!
![]() |
| Elders Moss And his Trainer Elder Boggess |
My
Companion is Elder Boggess and he is from Alpine Utah. He has only been
out on his mission for 7 months! His Spanish is great but we
still have some troubles talking to the people because we are still
learning the language, but luckily in our house we two fantastic Latinos
who are really helping us. They help us during companion study Elder
Boggess and I practice our lessons with them and they tell us what to
fix and how to pronounce the words! We are helping them with
English as well so starting this morning they started to speak English
to me and I respond to them in Spanish and it really helps me to
understand whats going on!
I
love you guys so much and I am so grateful for the love and support and
all the prayers! I know this gospel is true and I know that I am
here for a specific reason and I am here to help others feel this same
happiness. I love this gospel and I love everyone!
Elder Moss
![]() |
| The view! |







No comments:
Post a Comment