Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My Favorite Week By Far

Well GUYS this is my favorite week by far!!!!!!!!

First off tomorrow 3/10/15 is when I get to meet the one and only JEFFREY R HOLLAND!

I am so excited to finally meet an apostle and not only an apostle -- JEFFREY R HOLLAND!

Ok now on to this last week!! It was a long but fast week! Everything is really flying by here! I had the opportunity this week to see how great planning helps with the mission! We have been really focusing on our planning and making sure it is the way we need it to be! I have really noticed that great planning takes a long time, I know that I am not that good at planning but I want you to know that planning has totally changed for me it is so important to plan perfectly as we can.

This week I also had the amazing opportunity to go work in Humacao AGAIN! But this one was way different! The two missionaries that were working in Humacao were two greenies who were being trained! WHAT???? I know it sounds weird I thought so too but I guess thats what needed to happen! Once I found out what time I was like sweet that is during study time and I have nothing to worry about! WRONG! It just so happened that the Elders in Humacao planned a lesson at 11 in the morning and so the two greenies had to teach in Spanish!!!! That was interesting! But what happened next was even cooler in my book!!!! 
As Elder Blain and I were walking around the closest Pueblo this guy called us over to teach his friend, so we said ok and we just began to teach!!!! It was seriously like the Language veil was taken from our minds and we were able to teach this guy on the side of the road as people kept walking by we had some more people stop for a couple of minutes and listen to what we had to say!!!!!! I wish I could give more detail but I honestly don't remember what happened and not because I didn't write it down it was because the we were talking by the Spirit!!!!

Our investigators are still there we are finding new ones and we are losing some but thats ok because we are working as hard as we can!!! We love all of our investigators so much and pray for them always!!!! 

This I have gotten better I am feeling more healthy and I feel like I can do anything!!!!!! But there is one thing that is affecting me but it hasn't kept me from working!!! Its my knee. I have already talked to my Mission President about it and his wife and they told me to ice and ibuprofen morning and night and of course I have done everything they have asked me to do! But Sister Boucher has also had knee problems and she had to have an operation!!! She was talking to me and letting me know what might have to happen if my knee gets worse she said there is a possibility of me going home to get it checked out and or get an operation on it, but I want to tell you that I haven't let my knee get in the way of me doing the Lords work I have not let anything slow me down!!!! I know that the Lord didn't have me wait for 8 months to get out here and within 3 months go home!!! I know the Lord wants and needs me here in Puerto Rico and that is exactly what I am going to do!!!! I am not ready to come home yet so I want you to know that even in the hardest times of life the Savior is still there for us and is watching over us!!!!

I know this to be true I have felt my Heavenly Father so close to and I have also felt him so distant but that is because I have to do some things by myself. The teacher is always quiet during the test and I have been a living witness to that!!!

I love this gospel so much and I know that the Lord has special work for me to do here in Puerto Rico I love you all and I hope everyone is doing great Like we are here. I know these things to be true with all my heart and I will never ever Deny these things I know that I have been selected as one of the lucky ones to serve the Lord and to wear his name on my chest. I know the Lord will bless all of us if we continue along the straight and narrow path!!!!!

I love you all and I miss you all!!!!

CON AMOR

Elder Moss

PS
Almost done with my training
Jeffrey R Holland tomorrow 3/10
We have to Hamacks (if that is spelt right???) hanging in the house.

I love you all

Elder Moss sent a separate letter to his dad -- Here is what he had to say...

I have already talked to President Boucher and he and his wife have been so amazing about it my knee is about a 6 on good days and on bad days i can feel it throbbing just while I am sitting down but they said that there might not be anything that they can do here so they said if they can't do anything here they will be sending me home to get it looked at and if needed an operation on it but I honestly haven't been worrying about my knee so much because I am here to do the Lords work and I know he will take care of me for putting him first! I ice my knee morning and night and take medicine as well morning and night so we will see what happens with my knee!

Thank you so much Dad I love you so much!!!!!! Thank you for all you do for me I really don't want to come home just yet!!!! When they told me I might have to go home I just started to cry because there is no way my time is finished here I don't feel like the Savior would make me wait for 8 months before sending me out just to send me home within 3 months of being out here!!! But I know the Savior has a plan for me and I am ready to follow his plan for me!!!!  


Questions and Answers... 

I'm a bit jealous about the rain you get. It's getting warmer here. Not summer hot, but spring warm. It's basically gorgeous weather.
It is getting really hot here

In your last letter you mentioned that you have a car! What's up with that? Do you walk or do you drive?
The Car is only for District meetings and Zone Conferences oh and Transfers

What are the names of the other Elders you live with? Where are they from?
In the House we have Elder Beecroft, Elder Valldares, Elder Boggess, and myself

What's the primary look like in your ward? Are there a lot of kids? What about the YW/YM programs?

Primary Room










YW Room
Chapel
Chapel


Relief Society Room
Relief Society Room


Elders at the church
Meetinghouse kitchen
Meetinghouse library
Blurry picture of the font


No comments:

Post a Comment