Family and Friends
This
week was really different than in Ponce but I am learning a lot about
who I am!!!! Also what kind of missionary that I want to be.
This
week was difficult, not bad but a little different. When I got here to
Salinas we got straight to work we were really focusing on those that
they were teaching before me. But also I wanted to visit the Branch
President so we passed by his house I got to know him and I got to talk a
little about this Branch and what our Branch Mission Plan was and that I
did not want to Burden him but that I was here to serve with him and if
needed to serve for him. He took advantage of that I am now the Music
Director for the Branch. I love this Branch so much they are such strong
people and really want to see the work go up here.
With
that said for us we have one Baptismal date her name is Ines she is
really cool she has been reading the Book of Mormon and we invited her
to come to Church with us Yesterday and she said that she could so we
gave her a call on Saturday and reminded her about church and she got
sick sadly, but we now know that she lives really close to her so we are
going to start working with her, Ines needs a ride to church and so we
are going to talk to our member and ask her if she can help us. Ines's
date is for the 23 of January.
This is really different here in Salinas but I couldn't have asked for a better area and Companion.
Elder
Johnson is so amazing and Special he is trying so hard to get the
Language he really wants to learn and to be able to speak to the people.
He really wants to be the best that he can be, he always has his
dictionary out and is just trying to learn new words but he is still
having troubles to understand but we are working on it he is getting so
much better at listening.
Elder
Johnson is from Jamaica and he is the only Jamaican in the mission and I
have the wonderful opportunity to work with him. He is a convert of 5
years and he just loves this Gospel!!!!!! I asked him why he decided to
serve a mission and he just really wanted to get even more answers and
to share his love for this Gospel with others.
My
new area is amazing it is more like Arizona here it is a dry heat and
not as humid here so as you can tell I am in long sleeve shirts in some
of the pictures. I can handle this heat here.
My
new assignment is a blessing especial now that I am the one planning
for the District meetings I have the opportunity to learn so much more
about this Gospel. Also I get to work more closely with the missionaries
and I just love that opportunity because they help me to grow also!!!
Have a Merry Christmas!!!!
I love you all and I am so grateful for all that you do for me. I can't wait to talk to you this Friday!!!!
I miss you and love you all so much!!!!!
Con Mucho Amor
Elder Moss
[We received this letter from President and Sister Boucher and wanted to share with all of you!]
December 21, 2015
Dear Elder Moss
Congratulations on your new assignment to serve as a District Leader in the Caguas Zone we appreciate the diligent service
you have rendered in the Puerto Rico San Juan Mission. As we mentioned to you when the assignment was extended to
you,
we want you to know that this leadership opportunity
comes from the Lord.
Your new assignment brings
with it sacred responsibilities as is true whenever we are called to priesthood leadership in the Lord's Church.
You bear responsibility for each of the elders and sisters in your district.
It is essential that you do your very
best to be exactly obedient,
faithful in your hard work and diligence, and be guided by
the Spirit like a true man
of God. The missionaries in
your district
will look to
you for this kind of example.
Remember that your stewardship includes providing
leadership in the proselyting
efforts
within
your district.
You should look for opportunities to build the confidence
and spiritual strength of the individual missionaries within your district as
you go on exchanges
with them and have opportunities to teach and lift them.
Never forget that you represent the mission president,
and more importantly the
Lord, in carrying out your duties and responsibilities.
We encourage you to review the leadership section
of the Missionary
Handbook and review the scriptures mentioned in that section.
Please remember that as a leader
your success will come from humbly
trying to accomplish the things
you do
with an eye
single
to His
glory,
and not
for
your own.
You
must submit yourself
to all rules,
requirements and standards
of excellence. When
you diligently
do so, the Lord
will
bring forth blessings to
your area and
your district.
We are so grateful for your worthiness and ability
to accept this assignment to join the leadership
of this mission and help bear the responsibility before the Lord to move this work forward in a way and at a pace
acceptable to Him.
As you seek His direction through prayer and revelation,
you will effectively accomplish the Lord's
purposes.
May The Lord bless you always,
President K. Bruce Boucher Sister Rebecca Boucher

This was my miracle for the week!!!!!! We were walking and all of sudden a car pooled over and said hey come here so we went to them and they said that they have something for us, so they handed us this food and said thank you so much but for what??? They then said we were messengers of God and then they left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
![]() |
| A fond farewell from Max y Sonia |
![]() |
| Thanks for everything |
![]() |
| Christmas lights |
![]() |
| Horses on the street in Salinas |










No comments:
Post a Comment