Thursday, December 11, 2014

1 week down a lot to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Family,

This week has been full of mix emotions. In the beginning of the week I was more than excited to be here. But a lot has happened, we have 16 hour days, and we sit in a classroom for almost all of them. The first day we got our companions, my companion is Elder Conner Ian Grimmer he is from Virginia and he is so funny. We get along great he is such an amazing guy. My district Leader is Elder Powell he is from California, his companion is Elder Stanisclaus he is from Granada. 
 
L-R Elders Grimmer, Powell, Moss, Stanisclaus
Elder Grimmer - My first companion
We have two sisters in our district we have Hermana Brown she was born and raised in Arizona but moved to Colorado half way through her senior year, and her companion is Hermana Ah Quin she is from Utah and has a scholarship waiting for her to play basketball when she gets home. From my district 5 out of the 6 of us will be serving in Puerto Rico. 

Within the first couple of days we were teaching an investigator it was really hard especially in Spanish. Elder Grimmer and I work great with each other we take turns talking and take turns sharing information. We are moving quickly here, they already taught us how to pray and bear testimony in Spanish. Its so hard with the language. These guys speak so fast out here. Since I have been here I have had the opportunity to learn many different lessons. One lesson I have learned is to really love everyone. The two new districts are so close right now its amazing but my district has had some troubles, we are still getting use to being in a classroom for so long and still trying to get used to having a companion by our side. at times we can really feel the spirit in class and other times we can't feel it at all. Our sisters in our district are so strong in the gospel and have taught me so much. Earlier this week they were having some problems with being here and they wanted to go home and they wanted to ask for a blessing but didn't feel like we could do it for them, we as elders had a little of conflict which really did drive the spirit out. Our sisters set such an example to us. I have talked a lot with my companion and with the Sisters and every time we talk I can feel the spirit, as we figured out what was going on we were able to fix the problem and the Sisters were able to come to us and ask for a blessing.


Elder Grimmer on our way to the temple


The MTC is so amazing!!!!!!!!!!! The food is not so good but I am starting to like fish :) on every P-Day we get to go to the temple and do a session and do some sealings the temple and the MTC are the same grounds and were dedicated the exact same day.






 
I know that the Savior came here to suffer for our sins, I know this gospel is true, I know that I am here for a specific reason, I love this gospel, I love my savior, and I love you guys. 

Elder Moss

We all flew from NY to the DR together
Christmas lights in our room
Flag of the Dominican Republic


No comments:

Post a Comment